This is a wonderfully filling, hearty and healthy soup that’s simple to make (who doesn’t love that?) and delicious. It’s rich with protein, thanks to the beans, lentils and quinoa, and is very low calorie/fat as it needs no added butter oil or other added fats.
- 2 tins/cartons black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup dried quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed and diced
- 1 carton/tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4. Discard bay leaves before serving. Serve with crusty bread.