I was inspired by a post on Nutritionicity for Chocolate-Chickpea Bark, but I simplified this even further. I picked up a gorgeous bar of Divine Dark Chocolate with Orange and Ginger at my local Oxfam shop, and a bag of ready to eat salted chickpeas from a turkish deli – and my dessert was created in a matter of minutes! It was truly delicious, with a bit of ginger and orange coming through, and a slight saltiness from the chickpeas mixed with the sweet. And the chickpeas don’t have a strong flavour, but they do add greatly to the texture. I loved this! I served it alongside Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse and there wasn’t a morsel leftover.
- 1 bar Divine Dark Chocolate with Ginger and Orange
- 1 handful ready to eat salted chickpeas
- Place a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet.
- Break up the chocolate bar into smaller pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 30 second increments, stirring inbetween, until chocolate is melted. Stir in the chickpeas until they are fully coated.
- Spread the chocolate/chickpeas onto the parchment in one layer. Refrigerate until firm.
- Break into pieces or cut with a sharp knife.