Low Fat Banana Bread
The best low fat banana bread I've ever had! I make this regularly. It's delicious!
Write a review
- 2 1/2 cups flour (I use half wholemeal, half white)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar or sweetener equivalent (I use Splenda)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups very ripe bananas (4-6 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 210C. Spray a 9x5x4" loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix applesauce, sugar, egg whites, mashed banana and vanilla. Add the flour mixture all at once and stir gently, just to blend.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 48 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
- Feel free to add raisins or other dried fruit, and nuts
The Pescetonian https://pescetonian.co.uk/