This is an easy, healthy, high protein, low fat/calorie and super tasty meal which is great for vegetarian dinners and also for when the fresh veg is running low in the fridge. You can use frozen spinach for this recipe, just defrost it and squeeze out as much liquid as possible so the dish isn’t too watery. This dish is also great with a sprinkle of chili flakes or a drizzle of Sriracha sauce.
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 carton chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g crumbled feta (optional)
- 100g baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1-2 eggs per person
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add all ingredients except for the eggs and feta. Heat until the sauce bubbles and the spinach wilts. Gently stir in the feta. Cover and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, poach the eggs.
- To serve, ladle the bean mixture into a bowl and top with the poached eggs.
- Serve immediately.
If you don’t know how to poach eggs, I recommend you watch a video, like this one.Pin It