This is a wonderfully chocolatety, creamy dessert with no dairy and no refined sugar! If you don’t tell anyone that it’s made with avocado, there’s a good chance they’ll never figure it out. I made this for four people, and everyone loved it. I’d definitely make this again. Did I mention how easy it is to make? You just chuck all the ingredients in a blender and then pop it in the fridge for an hour or so – that’s it! I served this alongside Chocolate, Ginger, Orange, Chickpea Bark and it was delicious!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 non dairy milk (I used coconut milk, but you could also use almond milk)
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or extract)
- 1/2 tsp stevia (optional - but tastes a little bitter without)
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin. Place all ingredients in a blender and combine until creamy. Spoon into four small ramekins or other serving bowls. Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- If feeling particularly greedy, double this recipe for four, or serve this recipe to two - it makes for a smallish dessert as is.